We are always looking for caring, responsible individuals who are willing to donate their time for the citizens of Haywood County.
The Haywood County Rescue Squad participates in a variety of services including medical calls, traffic accidents, providing medical assistance at structure fires, swiftwater rescue, search, high/low angle rescues, and confined space rescues. In addition to this, we also provide community services including medical standby’s at local events (including concerts, horse shows, bike races); educational programs and fundraiser activities.
If you are intested in becoming a member of the Haywood County Rescue Squad, please click below for a printable version of our application.
Membership Requirements are as follows:
High School Dipoloma of GED
- All active members must attend a minimum of one (1) monthly meeting
- All active member must acuire a minimum of twenty four (24) hours per year training- whether state certified rescue equivalent class or in-house training hours.
- All active members must sign up for a minimum of four (4) on-call nights per month, and must answer all calls dispatched between the hours of 6pm and 6am while on-call.
- All active members must answer twenty percent (20%) of all dispatched calls per year, whether during their on-call nights, or otherwise.
- Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 4th Thursday nights of the month.
- Months that are odd numbered (i.e. January, March, May, July, September, November), meeting are are held at the Waynesville Squad Building
- Months that are even numbered (i.e. Feburary, April, June, August, October, December), meetings are held at the Canton Squad Building.
For More Information please contact Chief Rodney Rogers at (828) 648-4818.
Search and Rescue Team Membership
For information in regards to membership on the SAR Specialty Team – Click Here